Requirements to get an IRS Offer In Compromise
Here we are discussing financials-based Offers, the most popular type.
- All required tax returns are filed
- Up to date on estimated tax payments
- Up to date on federal tax deposits if you have employees
- You cannot pay off the tax debt within the statute of limitations based on your income and expenses (with some of the IRS numbers thrown in for your
- You pay appropriate fees and down payments if required
- The correct forms need to be filed
Easy Offers – Probably do not need our help
- Only Social Security Income with no assets
- Only unemployment income with no assets
- Multiple children and less than average income with no assets
- Collecting only disability payments and no assets
Harder Offers – You Might Want Some Help
- Assets you cannot sell but otherwise, you qualify
- Multiple children but higher income
- Extraordinary, but reasonable expenses
Get a free, detailed Offer In Compromise evaluation!
Call us at (888) 515-4829 or go to trp.tax/start
If we cannot help you we’ll tell you. No false promises for settlements. We only submit settlements that have a good shot at acceptance.
Going it alone? Check out our free tax help guide by searching “trp tax help guide” on Google.
If you got a question comment on our YouTube videos and a tax attorney will answer.